Saturday 11 July 2009

PAUL UK London


PAUL UK London


Chocolate Macaroons - very, very average. The size of it is slightly larger than that of Laduree, but the quality pales in comparison. At £2.75, I would say these macaroons are pricey given its sub-standard quality.



Chocolate Tart - Nothing fantastic as well. Very average, and after a few bites of it, I kinda got sick of it.



Moelleux Chocolat - Traditional French soft, dark chocolate cake, this was another miss.



Coffee and Chocolate Eclairs - These two were the worse of the lot. To say the least, I really didn't like them at all. The creamy filling inside the eclairs were sour. I'm not sure if they're meant to be sour, but they sure as hell didn't taste good.



After doing some work in school, I headed to a PAUL confectionery at South Kensington to sample some of their pastries since it's supposedly quite popular in the UK. Sadly though, I was greatly disappointed. The prices of their pastries are almost similar to that of Laduree, but yet their quality is nowhere as good. The total bill amounted to £18.50, not a huge sum, but money well wasted I would say.

1 comment: