Sunday 12 July 2009

Laduree




Siew Mai bought me a nice box of Laduree macarons and got my sister's good friend to hand carry it back from London for me! They survived well despite the rough flight, thank goodness. Tasted fresh and yummy, and I felt quite loved and pampered :) I like small sweet gestures- hopefully siew mai does stuff like this more often after his exams heheh. no pressure!



He got me chocolate, coffee, pistachio and salted caramel macarons. 6 of each! salted caramel has been all the rage recently in sg, and rightly so. the contrast btwn the sweetness of the caramel and the saltiness of the butter made biting into each macaron sheer bliss. i have to say, though, that chocolate was by far my favourite flavour (i believe the same goes for siew mai)- told u i'm partal to chocolate! :P

IMO, Laduree beats canele and bakerzin handsdown. You get what you pay for, i guess. I've heard good reviews for TWG macarons though...will give it a try soon since their shop at Repub Plaza is so near my office! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment