Friday 3 July 2009

Desserts at Adam Road Food Centre






Teck Kee Desserts at Adam Road Food Centre is my fav stall for local desserts, esp the cheng tng and tau suan! So i dragged my friends down after dinner at Newton Circus FC..





Their cheng tng is really famous cuz the tong shui is not too sweet, and you can really taste the outcome of hours of boiling the dried longans, red dates, winter melon strips and lotus seeds. Like Siew Mai, I can never get enough of gingko nuts, so each time i order cheng tng I'll add an extra portion of gingko nuts (at a dollar more). I think Teck Gee's cheng tng is the only one that can rival the famous cheng tng from Zion Road Food Centre.





The tau suan here is one of the best around simply because it isnt too starchy or watery, its not too sweet or too bland, and the you tiao pieces always taste fresh and not stale. At $1.20, its very reasonably priced too!






Ice kachang with only gula melaka- my parents eat their ice kachang this way and its a habit i've gotten used to. The not-too-sweet gula melaka (brown sugar sauce) topped with cream corn tastes really good...and for me, the best part abt eating ice kachang is digging for 'treasures' beneath the mountain of ice! I love the red beans and chin chow bits... :) i remember causing Siew Mai's red bean ice to collapse once at a HK Cafe cuz i was happily digging for the hidden 'treasures' below...oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment