Monday 29 June 2009

Four Seasons, New Mayflower Chinese Restaurant and some fancy Ice Cream!



Roast Duck @ Four Seasons



More Roast Duck @ Four Seasons



Even More Roast Duck @ Four Seasons




Crabs with Spring Onions and Glass Noodles @ New Mayflower



Curry Crabs @ New Mayflower Restaurant



Sambal Kang Kong @ New Mayflower Restaurant



Some Sort of Pork with Mayonaise... Really Good! Sweet and Savoury - Yummy!:) @ New Mayflower Restaurant



XO Sauce Prawns



Deep Fried Honey Eel @ New Mayflower



Chocolate Sundae



Can't remember what this is...



Sphagetti Ice Cream



More Sphagetti Ice Cream



All the ice cream that we had:)



Ok here's the long awaited post. These are two of the restaurants that I frequent in Leicester Square - Four Seasons and New Mayflower. Four Seasons is world-renown for its roast duck and it certainly lives up to its reputation. Whenever any of my friends come up to London, they would definitely want to try it. Although the duck is fantastic, the same can't be said for the other dishes that they serve - which are at best mediocre. The ducks in London are generally fatter and not as dry as the ones back home. The sauce that accompanies the duck is the best that I've tried thus far. By the way, this duck is so good I can eat a whole bird by myself!:)))

New Mayflower restaurant serves good seafood at affordable prices. A huge plate of crabs costs only about £17 or so, and I gotta say they're really, really good. I have not tried the other flavours as of yet since I tend to keep ordering the same stuff:P The other dishes are not too bad as well. The two types of crabs that I love are Curry Crabs and Crabs with Spring Onions. You can add either bee hoon or glass noodles with the crabs. Regarding the bee hoon, I would recommend the soft type as the fried bee hoon is deep fried into clumpy chunks - not my cup of tea. The curry crabs are very unique and very rich whereas the Spring Onion Crabs are a little lighter. The crabs served in London are different from the ones in Singapore, but they're pretty tasty too. Fans of crab roe will be in for a treat as there is plenty of roe in these crabs, and they definitely taste better than the ones that we have back in Singapore.

Anyway, I'm tired so this shall be my last post for today! Much, much more to come though!:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment